ACII 2021 Special Session Chairs: Dr. Youngjun Cho and Dr. Hongying Meng
The organising committee of the 2021 Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) is now inviting for special session proposals. Interested parties will need to provide sufficient evidence in support of their proposed special session topic explaining why it deserves distinct focus, how it relates to the theme of the conference “Ethical Affective Computing” (technologies and applications including but not limited to mental health monitoring/diagnosis, lie detection and social/assistive robots which consider the full range of human diversity with respect to ability, language, culture, gender, age and other forms of human difference). It should demonstrate that there is sufficient interest to attract papers on this topic.
Once accepted, the organizers of the special session will be expected to attract sufficient papers to make up one session, 1hr 40min, at the conference even after a rigorous peer review of submissions. Note, if a special session fails to receive an adequate number of accepted papers, the special sessions will be canceled and the accepted papers will be included in regular sessions. Also, at least one of the special session organizers will be expected to attend the conference.
Proposals must be submitted as a single PDF via email to Dr. Youngjun Cho (email@example.com) AND Dr. Hongying Meng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your proposal should include the following items:
• Title of the session
• Rationale of the need for the Special Session at ACII 2021. The rationale should highlight
the novelty of the topic and how it relates to the theme of the conference: Ethical Affective Computing
• Potential candidates for submission
• Potential structure of session i.e., oral, posters, mix of oral and poster, or other structure relevant for the special session
• Short biography of the organizers
Review Process of Special Session Submissions
Papers will be treated as regular papers from both the perspective of the review process and of the proceedings (e.g., length, timeline). The special session will have its own keyword and session organizers will be asked to nominate reviewers.
Key Dates for Special Session Proposal (23:59pm GMT)
- Submission of Special Session proposals: January 11, 2021
- Notification of acceptance for the Special Sessions: January 18, 2021
- Paper Submission to the accepted Special Sessions Deadline: April 20, 2021 (regular paper submission deadline)
- Notification of acceptance for the papers: 24 June, 2021
- Camera ready papers due: 26 July, 2021